- Follow company policies regarding pupil/client management and relations with parents, teachers, guardians, and the public in general.
- As requested by the Manager, verify route turn for turn sheets and note any route changes with written notes.
- As requested by the Manager, make additional directional or landmark notations on bus route sheets to assist future new or substitute bus, observe and track route timing, such as total time en-route; time between stops; loading and unloading drivers.
- As requested by the Manager times or any other requested information for the purpose of establishing route efficiency.
- Keep records and submit reports as required. This includes all documentation for complaints, accidents, routing changes, etc.
- Assist manager with monthly billing, payroll, account receivables, account payables and month end requirements.
- Assist manager in implementing driver recruitment programs to ensure coverage of daily home to school routes and sufficient substitute personnel.
- Assist manager in all driver disciplinary matters and overseeing yearly road test evaluations.
- Assist manager in ensuring all drivers complete all necessary job related training and planning driver safety meetings.
- Responsible for carrying out all STA policies and State & Federal applicable regulation.
- Procure or maintain School Bus CDL License. May be required to drive.
- Knowledge and implementation of contents of School District contracts.
- Answering phones and two way company radios in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communicating with schools regarding calendars, complaints, bus incidents. Communicating with parents regarding issues and concerns. Communicating with drivers and aides.
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to parents, school districts, drivers, monitors and external parties.
- Assist manager in development of charter business during non-school days and summer months.
- Ability to start very early mornings and/or work later afternoons. Terminal Manager will assign schedule on a weekly basis.
- All other various and miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Six months to one year related experience in Dispatching or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Written and verbal communication skills, and customer service skills are essential. Ability to deal with problems and find solutions.
- Must have knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Scheduling and setting priorities for work to be accomplished.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing to include Excel, Word, Windows and Internet experience.
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;