- Assist the Terminal Manager with the overall day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Ensure coverage of daily home to school routes, trips and charters.
- Assist with driver training and recruitment programs.
- Coordinate with Human Resources when conducting disciplinary actions of employees.
- Assist in maintenance of the driver credential files to ensure current certifications.
- Assist in preparing payroll, account receivables, account payables, and month end requirements to ensure timely submission to your respective location.
- Ensuring that each of your School Districts’ student transportation designees are being supplied with all required information and assist in providing a safe, reliable, on-time service through creating efficient and cost effective solutions to routing issues.
- Knowledge and implementation of contents of School District contracts and facility leases.
- Attend School Board meetings when directed by Terminal Manager or Other STA Management.
- Responsible for carrying out all STA policies and State & Federal applicable regulations.
- Ensuring all drivers and staff are equipped with all necessary job related training.
- Assist with planning of monthly driver safety meetings with safety and training designee for your area.
- Participate in the planning of yearly financial requirements for your respective facility.
- Assist in developing charter and school business for assets during non-school days and summer months.
- May, on occasion, be required to drive.
- All other duties as designated by Terminal Manager or STA Senior Management.
- State-Required Commercial Drivers License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements
- Current report of Driver Physical Examination
- 2 - 4 year undergraduate degree in business.
- 3 or more years experience in school bus operations; minimum of 1 years in a leadership role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to plan in detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to organize, lead, and motivate all personnel involved in operations
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing chaotic environment and consistently meet tight timelines
- Must be proficient with computer and appropriate software
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Conduct oneself professionally and in a manner to reflect positively on STA.
- Knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Ability to evaluate and discipline drivers and enforce STA policy and procedure.
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate capable leadership skills.